I guess the first question you are probably asking – what is a furs and fondue party? The whole premise is – come over for a fondue, but with a twist, everyone has to wear their best faux fur. If you have friends that like to commit to a good theme, it’s the perfect winter gathering because it’s nice and cozy. I had a Pinterest mood board you can find HERE, for more ideas and inspiration if you decide to take this on yourself.
We had about 14 people in total for attendance and I’m putting the measurements that seemed to work for this size of crowd.
While the normal idea of fondue party is to have a big pot, and everyone dip their skewer in it, because of the amount of people we had, we bought these PARTY BOWLS YOU CAN FIND HERE from Target and filled personal sized amounts of each fondue in it so we could spread everyone out among the house so it wasn’t too crowded around the fondue pots.
- Cheese Fondue – you can find the recipe I used HERE – we made two servings of it. A little time consuming, give yourself more time than you think you need.
- Chocolate Fondue – you can find the recipe I used HERE – we made two servings of it. Very fast to make.
I put little chocolate 🍫 and cheese 🧀 emojis next to what each dipper was for. I also put a cute little party emoji 🎉 next to crowd favorites.
- 1 package of Mini Oreos (🍫)
- 1 package of Mini Vanilla Wafers (🍫)
- 1 box of 8 Rice Krispies Treats, cut into cubes (🍫 🎉)
- 2/3 of a bag of Jumbo Marshmellows (🍫)
- 4 Bananas (🍫)
- 1/2 loaf of French Bread (🍫)
- 2 packages of Strawberries (🍫🎉)
- 3 Apples, cut into cubes (🍫🧀 )
- 1 bag of Pretzels (🍫🧀 )
- 1 bag of 6 soft Pretzels, cut into bits ( 🧀 🎉)
- Broccoli, Carrot, Salary, Tomato Spread (🧀 🎉)
- 2 packages of 50 Meatballs (🧀 🎉)
- 2 packages of Lit’l Smookie Weenies (🧀 🎉)
- Moscow Mules – we filled one big drink dispenser with Moscow Mules. It took almost a whole bottle of vodka, 12 ginger beers, and lots of lime to make it tasty.
- White Russians – it was for a secondary cozy drink when we got bored of the Moscow Mules later in the evening.
- Cider Beer – to stay on camp vibes
- Normal beer – not everyone likes a themed drink
Mood lighting! All the pictures were taken with the lights on in the room because pictures with the mood lighting, while in real life was cozy and warm, just look dark in the pictures. The only lights we had on were from twinkle string lights and tea candles (electronic ones because real fire scares me). Makes for a real campy vibe.
On our TV, we had the Fireplace show from Netflix on: Fireplace for Your Home: Birchwood Edition (so much classier than the classic version :))
The actual decor ended up being a medley of various items we already owned. Lots of old, woodsy pictures to replace my normal house decor. A lot of blankets and pillows – I think throwing a couple fur blankets and pillows in the mix allows it to look on theme. Lots of tulle, candles, pinecones, various glass containers. Hopefully the pictures can give some further needed inspo if you’re looking for some.
You can also check out my other blog to make a cute winter terrarium.
I think finding faux fur is easy for girls if they don’t already have it.
What I really wanted was for my husband to find a raccoon hat, I thought it would be really funny, but for some reason I could only find children’s raccoon hats. He ended up wearing THIS, but be warned – furs can get a little toasty so make sure your heat isn’t very high up before guests come. Most boys came wearing a nice little sweater. Here’s a cute friend picture of dazzling furs.
There you have it! Some furs and fondue to put a little sunlight in your winter.
All the love and regards,